I’ve never shared any email lists with third parties, nor do I intend to do so. I will continue to contact you to provide free content or infrequent updates about new book releases, as previously stated in my sign up emails. However, you can unsubscribe at any time.
By using this site, you confirm you are at least 13 years of age.
This notice is for this website sherri nicholds.com and governs the privacy of those who use it. It explains how we control, process, handle and protect your personal data while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
“I” or “The Website” refers to Sherri Nicholds
“you”, “the user” refers to the user of the Website.
GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process personal information about you electronically.
Lawful basis: Consent
- The reason we use this basis: You gave us consent to use your data when you opted in to receive free information my website or following the purchase of one of my books.
- We process your information in the following ways: To send you free content and keep you updated with special offers and news about my books.
- Data retention period: We will continue to process your information until 01/01/2100.
- Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies provided by wordpress in how we store, access and manage that information.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
Our website may contain adverts, sponsored and affiliate links on some pages. These are served through our advertising partners Google AdSense, eBay Partner Network, Facebook, Amazon Affiliates, or are served through our own means.
Clicking on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links may track your actions by using a cookie saved to your device. You can read more about cookies on this website above. Your actions are usually recorded as a referral from our website by this cookie. We might earn a very small commission from the advertiser or advertising partner, at no cost to you, whether you make a purchase on their website or not.
We use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any adverts, sponsored or affiliate links found throughout the website.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Subscription time & date
You can opt out of receiving emails or ask to see the data we hold for you, or request we remove your data at any time by the following methods:
- Unsubscribe at the bottom of the emails we send
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the unsubscribe form here
UPDATED MAY 2018